12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos
Jordan B. Peterson, PhD, Professor of Psychology and Clinical Psychologist, authored an interesting book in 2018 regarding ethical principles for life - 12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos. Chapters include:
- Stand up straight with your shoulders back.
- Treat yourself like someone you are responsible for helping.
- Make friends with people who want the best for you.
- Compare yourself to who you were yesterday, not to who someone else is today.
- Do not let your children do anythign that makes you dislike them.
- Set your house in perfect order before you criticize the world.
- Pursue what is meaningful (not what is expedient).
- Tell the truth - or, at least, don't lie.
- Assume that the person you are listenting to might know something you don't.
- Be precise in your speech.
- Do not bother children when they are skateboarding.
- Pet a cat when you encounter one on the street.
This gives a hint at Dr. Peterson's priorities, but of course purchase and read the book for context and detail!